Free 2018 International Student Handbook
SCHOOL BOARD：York Region District School Board
SCHOOL BOARD INTRODUCTION：
Nine municipalities are served by the York Region District School Board: Aurora, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, Markham, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, and Whitchurch-Stouffville. In 2016, YRDSB has 123,904 students (84,375 elementary / 39,592 secondary). 2016-17 budget is $1,389,174,000.
The mission of YRDSB is to advance student achievement and well-being through public education, which motivates learners, fosters inclusion, inspires innovation and builds community. The vision of YRDSB is to be a leader in public education by empowering all students to become engaged and caring citizens of the world. Our School Board operates based on a set of values which guides our actions: inclusivity, relationships, innovation, engagement, responsibility, and optimism.
- Application Form, completed, signed and dated by both parents and the student
- Academic Application- Supplementary Gr 9-12 Form, signed and dated by both parents and the student
- Letter of Recommendation, completed and signed by a school official
- Official copies of school report cards, in English, for the past 2 years and current year. English translation must be notarized.
- Consent for Information Sharing-Students at the Age of Majority Form (secondary students who are 18 at time of registration)
- Copy Passport (photo page)
- Copy Up-to-date Official Immunization Record in English. Up-to-date Official Immunization Record in English. English translation must be notarized.
- Copy Notarized Custodianship Declaration Documents (Parents & Custodian)
- Copy IELTS or TOEFL Official Test Results Report (Grade 12 applicants only)
- Homestay Application (if applicable), signed and dated by both parents and the student. If homestay is required, a homestay application must be submitted along with the academic application.
- Full payment
Steps to Follow:
Submit the completed application package (includes all required documents) and applicable fees, to the Admission Office, International Education Services.
Once accepted, the acceptance letter and receipt are issued and forwarded to you or your agent.
Apply to the Canadian Embassy in your home country for a Study Permit. The acceptance letter should be attached to your application and submitted to the Canadian Embassy as proof of acceptance to an educational institution in Canada.
Upon receipt of a study permit, make arrangements to travel to Canada.
$ 13,750 (2 Semesters)
Homestay & Custodianship Application Fee (Non-refundable)
Homestay Accommodation & Custodianship (10 months)
Homestay Accommodation & Custodianship (10 months + 2-weeks orientation program)
Airport Transfer (one-way) (Non-refundable)
YRDSB provides homestay service to international students, the application form can be obtained here.
There are 12 course departments：
Canadian and World Studies
Guidance and Career Education
Humanities and Social Sciences
In grade 9 and 10, subjects are organized into 4 course types：
In grade 11 and 12, subjects are organized into 5 course types：