Free 2018 International Student Handbook
Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
Fall, Winter and Summer
Full-Time and Part-Time
This cross-disciplinary Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies program encompasses subject areas that are exceptionally diverse. In addition to Judaism as a religion, Jewish Studies explores the texts, histories, cultures, sociologies, languages and fine arts of the Jewish people from biblical times to the present.
· Study the aspects within the context of the many western and non-western civilizations in which Jewish people have lived.
· Examine Jewish interactions with non-Jewish people over the ages, evolving attitudes toward and images of Jewish people within a variety of non-Jewish cultures and the history of anti-Semitism, including the Holocaust.
· Explores the Jewish experience with a view to understanding the human situation in its diversity and complexity.
Courses include The Jewish Experience; Sex and Violence in the Hebrew Bible; The Final Solution: Perspectives on the Holocaust and Contemporary Jewish Life in North America.
· Explore Judaism and the Jewish people with a view to understanding the human situation in its diversity and complexity.
· Our program encompasses subject areas that are exceptionally diverse while allowing you to design a custom made program suited to your interests.
· Our excellent research facilities include the Israel and Golda Koschitzky Centre for Jewish Studies.
Chinese High School
· Senior Secondary School Graduation Certificate
o Successful completion of the final year of Senior 3/Grade 12 level of student
Link to York University Official Website