Free 2018 International Student Handbook
"Best hope for a child and hope for a woman becomes a phoenix" regardless of national borders. Parents of all countries in the world are striving to train their children for a good university and hope to have a good future. The most famous example is the British royal family member Kate, who must have known her story. Today, he came to China to introduce you to famous universities in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia, for reference by students and parents.
History: Harvard University is a private institution of higher learning. Built in 1636, it is nearly a century and a half earlier than the establishment of the United States as an independent nation. That year, the British Puritans who moved to the Americas, for the happiness of their children and grandchildren, emulated the model of Cambridge University at that time and established the first higher education institution in the history of the United States and began as Cambridge College. The rising town has since also been called Cambridge. In 1639, the school changed its name to Harvard College. The purpose was to permanently commemorate one of the founders of the school and the main donor of school funding, John Harvard, a master of arts at Emmanuel College, University of Cambridge, UK.
School Motto: Harvard's early school motto was "Testing Truth" (Veritas). Now, in recent years, Harvard's school motto has made new progress. There is only one word: truth.
· Forms (joint applications, joint applications, or general college applications) must be completed for both local and international students
· Harvard University's Common Application, Alliance Application or General Application to Harvard University
· $75 fee
· ACT or SAT (with or without writing)
· 2 SAT Subject Tests
· Optional: AP or other exam results
· School reports and high school transcripts
· Teacher recommendation letter (2 copies)
· Middle school report
·Year-end school report
Acceptance rate: 5.4% in 2016
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
History: The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), located in Boston, Massachusetts, is a world-renowned private research university. The Massachusetts Institute of Technology was founded in 1861. After the Second World War, MIT rapidly emerged from the needs of the US defense science and technology research. During World War II and the Cold War, MIT researchers worked on computers, radar, and Scientific developments such as inertial navigation systems have made important contributions. The college is famous for its top engineering and computer science.
School Motto: Mens et Manus (Latin); Mind and Hand (English); Hands and Brains, Creating the World (Chinese)
· Online application, $75 fee
· Parent information
· Apply for a professional
· Instead of asking for a long article, it contains a few short answers to questions and articles designed to help us get to know you. Remember, this is not a writing test. These are the places where we find applications for your voice - who you are, what drives you, what is important to you, what makes you evoke your voice. Honest, open, real - this is your chance to contact us
The 2017-2018 article is:
Ø We know that you live a busy life and are full of energy. Many of them are what you need. Tell us something you just do for its fun. (100 words or less)
Ø Although you may not know what professional you want, which department or program of MIT is attractive to you, why? (100 words or less)
Ø At MIT, we bring people together to improve the lives of others. MIT students improve their communities in different ways, from coping with the world's biggest challenges to becoming good friends. Describe how you contribute to the community, whether in your home, classroom or your community, etc. (200-250 words)
Ø Describe the world you came from; for example, your family, club, school, community, city or town. How does the world shape your dreams and wishes? (200-250 words)
Ø Tell us about the most important challenge you have encountered or the important things you have not done according to the plan. How do you handle this situation? (200-250 words)
· leisure activity
· Self-Reporting Schedule
· Teacher recommendation letter
· Test results
History: Stanford University is a private university in the United States and is often considered one of the most outstanding universities in the world. It is located in Stanford, California, near San Francisco. Stanford University has laid a solid foundation for the formation and rise of Silicon Valley, cultivating leaders of many high-tech companies, including Hewlett-Packard, Google, Yahoo, Nike, Logitech, Snapchat, Electronic Arts, Sun Microsystems, NVIDIA. Founders of companies such as Cisco, LinkedIn, and LinkedIn.
The school motto: Die luft der Freiheit weht (The wind of freedom blows in English) is a phrase written by the German anthropologist Ulrich von Hutten in the 16th century. The Chinese translation is: “The wind of freedom is blowing”. The meaning of the school motto is to encourage and ensure that teachers and students in the school are free to engage in teaching and related disciplines.
· Art portfolio is optional and may be submitted to highlight outstanding talent in the art world
Joint applications or joint applications
· $90 non-refundable application fee
· SAT or ACT test scores
· The school report includes a counselor's recommendation letter
· Official transcript
· Letters of recommendation from two teachers
· Mid-year report card
· After submitting the application
University of Toronto
History: The University of Toronto (UofT, UT) was founded in 1827 and is located in Canada's largest city, Toronto. It originated from King's College at King's College in 1827 AD. It is a world-renowned public research university and a world-renowned top institution of higher learning. The University of Toronto is home to the top three library systems in the world. His publishing house has far-reaching influence in Canada and throughout North America. As a small number of surviving collegiate institutions in North America (similar to Oxford University), in addition to the conventional structure, the University of Toronto currently affiliated with 12 undergraduate colleges, each with different histories and characteristics, enjoying a greater degree of independent finance and Management rights
· IELTS: academic modules, total score no less than 6.5, single item no less than 6
· TOEFL: IBT with a total score of no less than 100, no less than 22 for writing, no less than 600 for PBT, and no less than 5.0 in writing
· High school transcripts, high school diplomas/high school diplomas, 85-90%
· SAT, ACT, college entrance examination or A-level scores
· Letter of recommendation + personal statement
· Some departments will have limited time writing and video recording;
University of British Columbia
History: The University of British Columbia (UBC) was founded in 1908 and is a famous public research university in Canada. The school is located in Vancouver. With McGill University, University of Toronto and Canadian University “Three Strongs”, and after more than 100 years of rapid development, it gradually became the world's top comprehensive research university. UBC's Vancouver campus is also known as the most beautiful campus in North America.
· International Student Canadian Dollar 114 Application Fee
· Graduated from high school, average 85% or more, need to provide college entrance examination and examination results and pass CQV verification, no college entrance examination results can be used SAT, AP, IB, A level instead.
· TOEFL iBT 90 (read, listen no less than 22; write, say no less than 21); or IELTS 6.5 (single no less than 6 points); PTE requires 65 points.
· Resume (completed online at the time of application, approximately two essays), including outstanding achievements, work or volunteer experience, leadership skills, etc.
Acceptance rate: 46.5% in 2015
History: McGill University, McGill or McGill, was founded in 1821 and is located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is a world-renowned top institution in the world, and has a high reputation internationally for 100 years. World-renowned. McGill University has a strong humanistic and academic atmosphere. More than half of Canadian famous poets and writers are from the school. Justin Trudedo, Canada’s current top leader, also graduated here. McGill University is one of the 26 universities in the world, and is the only university in Canada that has been invited by the University Presidents Forum.
School motto: By work, all things increase and grow. (English) Growth stems from hard work, or Heaven’s reward (Chinese)
· A copy of the high school transcript, including the final third semester grade, or the completion of a transcript, if you have graduated
All completed AUC results.
· If you are from a province (Hubei) that does not provide a rebate, you must provide additional external exam information such as SATI and SATII scores.
· SAT score
· High school diploma
Acceptance rate: 46.3% in 2016
History: Oxford University (University of Oxford) is a world-renowned public research university. It was founded in 1167 by the Federal University of Oxford. It was the oldest university in the English-speaking world and the second in the world. Ancient institutions of higher education
The school motto: Dominus illuminatio mea (Latin) means "The Lord is my light". "I think the core of the university spirit has two points. The first is the pursuit of excellence in every matter. The second is a free and open debate." - Andrew Hamilton, University of Oxford, England. Hamilton said that the university spirit reflected by Oxford University is that first of all, there is an absolute pursuit for excellence. No matter whether it is in teaching or scientific research, it will never be satisfied with the status quo and continue to pursue better.
· High school diploma,
· Chinese university entrance exam or 'college entrance examination' is not sufficient to allow candidates to compete for applications
Acceptance rate: 17.5% in 2015
University of Cambridge
History: The University of Cambridge, located in Cambridge, England, is a world-renowned public research university. It uses the federal system of colleges and universities. The predecessor of the university was a scholars’ association established in 1209 AD and is the first in the English-speaking world. The second oldest university. It was first established by a group of teachers who fled from Oxford University to escape the fight.
· level courses: A-level points AS-level (equivalent to the domestic high school) and A2-level (higher than the domestic high school three levels), AS-level and A2-level together constitute the A-level. Cambridge University requires students to submit all AS-level and A2-level courses to the school upon application. AS-level usually requires 4-5 courses (4 or 5 indiscriminate), requires at least 3 to achieve A; A-level usually requires 3-4 courses, humanities and social sciences professional requirements to achieve A*AA Above, science majors are required to achieve A*A*A or higher.
· IB course: A total score of 40-41 points or more is required. There must be at least 3 higher level courses, and at least two of them have scores of 7 and the other 6 points or more. Above 7-6, some majors may also require that specific courses reach 7 points.
· The AP course requires a score of 5 out of at least 5 courses. In addition, students who apply through the AP course are required to submit additional SAT and SATII scores. SATII requires a minimum of 700 points.
· College entrance examination: Cambridge University directly accepts college entrance examination scores, but the requirements are very high—requiring 1%-2% of the ranking provinces. You can't apply for a single exam result.
· The total score of IELTS should not be lower than 7.5, and the individual score should not be lower than 7.0
Imperial College London
History: Imperial College London was established in 1907. Ranked among the top ten in the world in various rankings. Located in London, England, it is a world-class research university specializing in science, medicine and business. It has a high reputation in the world academic community. In 1907, Imperial College became an affiliated college of the University of the Federal University of London. In July 2007, under the authorization of Queen Elizabeth II, she officially separated from the University of London as an independent university.
· Apply online through UCAS, the UK University Admissions Office. The application code is IMP150.
· Imperial College’s language requirements are Standard and Higher. Language requirements for most undergraduate programs are standard, with a total score of 6.5 for IELTS:standard and no less than 6.0 for individual items. ;higher requires a total score of 7.0, single no less than 6.5.
Acceptance rate: 14.3% in 2015
University of Melbourne
History: The University of Melbourne, referred to as the inkstone, was founded in 1853. It is the world's top research university and the leading academic center in the southern hemisphere. It is a certified member of AACSB and EQUIS. The University of Melbourne is located in Melbourne, Australia's cultural, arts and industrial centre. Up to now, the University of Melbourne is the only university in Australia that still refuses to recognize the results of the Chinese college entrance examination.
· IELTS has a minimum of 6.5 points for a year at a Chinese university (single entry is not less than 6.0); some majors require an IELTS score of 7-7.5.
· The GPA requires 211 university/985 graduates to require a university-weighted average of 80 points or more (business schools require 85 points or more), non-211 university graduates require a university-weighted average of 85 points or more (commercial and engineering majors require minimum 90/95 Minute)
· Or through the local VCE exam, there are special VCE scholar courses for Inkjet. Since the physics class was taught by Professor Murdoch, there was finally an extra point for ENTER.
University of Sydney
History: The University of Sydney, founded in 1850, is located in Sydney, the center of finance, trade and tourism in the southern hemisphere. The world famous public research university. The University of Sydney is the oldest university in Australia. The University of Sydney is an AACSB and EQUIS accredited university. Relying on a high academic reputation and employer evaluation, the University of Sydney has maintained its record of being the first home student in Australia for decades.
· Math scores
· College entrance exam must reach a score above
· Language score: IELTS 6.5 points or more, single item not less than 6 points, but some colleges and courses are not the same
History: The University of Queensland, referred to as Kunda, is one of the top 50 universities in the world, Australia's top universities, and one of the famous universities of higher learning. One of the "eight prestigious schools" of the Australian Ivy League, founded in 1909, is the first comprehensive university in Queensland. The University of Queensland Business School is Australia's first AACSB-accredited university business school. It has also been EQUIS accredited and has been awarded five stars by the Australian Graduate Management Association (GMAA).
· Academic ability. In order to qualify for the undergraduate entrance exam, applicants must complete a 12th grade equivalent in Australian middle school and meet some other academic requirements, such as special requirements for certain courses, audition or interview.
· English ability. In general, an undergraduate degree at the University of Queensland requires an applicant to obtain an IELTS score of 6.5 (not less than 6 points per item). International students will perform ISAT testing if they apply for an IELTS score of 7.0.
· learning English. If the applicant does not meet the above IELTS score, he can apply for registration at the University's College of Foreign Languages and Vocational Training
· Foundation study. Domestic high school graduates can register for pre-university programs and transition to the University of Queensland undergraduate program.